Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19157498
Job Category Spa
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Adapting and role modeling brand standards at all times
- Training and inspecting the team on sanitation, maintenance of the facilities etc on a daily basis.
- Walking around all areas such as pool, retail, gym, spa etc. regularly to observe any issues and or concerns regarding standards and or maintenance.
- Responsible for AES in the department by role modeling Marriott culture and holding everyone accountable fairly and consistently.
- Training and developing the team to execute all job responsibilities.
- Motivate and hold team accountable
- Walk the talk and align with managers to ensure positive environment.
- Responsible for guest voice and tripadvisor results by training, role modeling and by holding people accountable.
- Assisting and Caring for Others - Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Demonstrating Knowledge - Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Managing Daily Operations of the area or department - Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Supervising Associates - Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention
- Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
- Ordering, managing, and providing Supplies - Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Scheduling Work and Activities - Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Administering Performance Appraisals - Participating in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed
- Ensuring Communication of Expectations and Objectives - Ensuring that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns
- Supporting Management of Spa & Recreation Operations and Budgets:
- Manages overall operations of spa & recreation department.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa & recreation and related areas and equipment.
- Manages pool and activities staff to ensure brand standards of hospitality and cleanliness are met.
- Ensures all facilities are in appropriate operating condition.
- Schedules work/repairs as needed with the Director of Services and Engineering Department.
- Maintains and enforces safety standards and procedures with the spa & recreation staff.
- Ensures appropriate fees are charged to guests and that proper cash handling procedures are followed by all members of the spa & recreation staff.
- Selects and ensures appropriate training and certification of all spa & recreation staff.
- Schedules and maintains appropriate coverage of all spa & recreation operations.
- Manages spa & recreation department man-hours and expenditures as budgeted.
- Provides ongoing coaching and training to staff members.
- Makes final decisions regarding the opening and closing of the pools and spas, based on weather and condition of facility.
- Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an "open door" policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Supports a spa & recreation orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa, gym, pool & any other recreation facilities as necessary.