Franchised Executive Housekeeping Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19151849
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Winston-Salem Marriott, 425 N Cherry St, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers and insures operational expenses are in line with budget.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management.
- Supervises and oversees all the personnel issues relating to her/his department (hiring, firing, development reviews, training).
- Conducts or training of new employees to explain housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, and time cards, and prepares periodic reports. Attends periodic staff meetings.
- To make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Prepares reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses and develops action plans for items needing improvement.
- Schedules staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Trains standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on customer lost and found items.
- Maintains standard procedures for security of on-loan equipment.
- Maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
- Administers inventories of linen, supplies and equipment as required.
- Ensuring that customer requests for housekeeping services are provided in 30 minutes or less.
- Lead by example in using customers name whenever possible, handling a customer problem in an empowered way.
- Ensure maid carts are restocked in a clean and organized manner with 15 minutes from completing work.
- Ensure maintenance concerns in rooms are communicated to you within 1 hour of time.
- Ensure items from lost and found are returned to the customer within 2 days of receiving call from customer.
- Vacant and clean rooms are to be checked daily to insure their status is correct.
- Housekeeping Report will be matched with the bucket daily and any discrepancies researched and documented.
- Ensure all storerooms are kept clean, organized and secure at all times.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.