Junior Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19151320
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Melbourne, 205 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Offering the most powerful portfolio in the industry, our 30 brands and 7,000+ properties across 131 countries and territories give people more ways to connect, experience and expand their world. Learn about our brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city's bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia's premier street. The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly® Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance®, and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
The Kitchen is responsible for producing high quality meals for all guests dining in the Hotel’s F&B venues – signature restaurant, Allegro; Lobby Bar; Banquets and In Room Dining.
- Assist the Executive Chef to oversee the kitchen operations with the main focus on Banquets and In Room Dining.
- Inspect all food products, prepare meals as required and ensure they meet quality standards.
- Maintain compliance with health and hygiene regulations.
- Adhere to cost and quality control procedures.
- Assist with hiring, training and scheduling all kitchen staff.
- Assist with writing and implementing new menus.
- Ensure guidelines set for timely food service to guests are maintained.
- Uphold Westin standards and the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years experience as Chef de Partie.
- Banquets and In Room Dining experience in a four or five star hotel kitchen a distinct advantage.
- Fully conversant with HACCP standards.
- Demonstrate strong leadership traits.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced communication and organizational skills.
- Must have the flexibility to work on a rotating roster including public holidays and weekends.
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including:
- Strategic career development opportunities
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Marriott International properties worldwide
- Associate recognition programs
- World class training programs
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.