Human Resources Generalist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19151239
Job Category Human Resources
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To assist the Asst Human Resources Manager and Human Resources Manager in maintaining positive internal and external relationships with both Associates and Managers.
Provide a consistent high standard of administration and non-administration support to the Human Resources Department to support achievement of the business goals and strategies.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for executing the Talent Acquisition (TA) and Learning and Development (L&D) efforts of the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, including the full life cycle of recruiting and is directly involved in the attraction, development and retention of diverse high caliber talent. Executes the hotel’s Talent Development strategy by planning Company and hotel training programmes and the recruiting of non-management roles in the hotel, as well as involvement with TD metrics and classroom facilitation.
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all TA and L&D activities are operating in the hotel and aligned with Company vison and standards. Assists with the training, task-lists and development of the Talent Development Generalists and Coordinators. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Implements the recruitment and selection process for the property, ensuring the Global Recruitment System (GRS) is fully leveraged to source, identify, screen, interview and select diverse high caliber talent. Specifically relates to non-management recruiting, internal applications and Employee Referral Programme.
- Works with Hiring Managers to execute talent sourcing strategies and best practices to identify line staff and ensure manning of hourly roles is progressed with consideration to time to fill and quality of hire metrics.
- Supports the operation of recruiting events to help establish staff for hotel(s).
- Supports the onboarding process for all new hires, liaising with HR Operations and the Government Relations / Protocol departments to ensure flight tickets, housing and visa are arranged in good time and in line with budget/forecasting controls.
- Works with hiring managers on open non-management roles, to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Day-to-day accountability for ensuring the property’s selection and interviewing process is in line with Company standards and geared to focus on quality of hire.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Interviews candidates with Hiring Manager present.
- Creates engaging and creative advertisements of open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Follows property interview guidelines and ensures a consistent screening criterion is used.
- Monitors and supports the selection/non-selection and offer processes to verify proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection, applicants receive status notifications).
- Works with Government Relations team on visa processes for associates and staying up to date with changes and challenges in accordance with Dubai and UAE law.
- Involved in the arrangement and facilitation of the property’s Orientation program to drive successful integration of management and hourly employees into the organization that supports a strong culture and brand strategy activation, taking an active part in the facilitation of the program.
- Ensures compliance of all Marriott statutory classroom and e-Learning courses.
- Administers the Marriott e-Learning platform, ‘MyLearning’.
- Leads, facilitates and supports all Marriott and JW Marriott on-property training programs, on a need basis.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Works with Talent Development leaders to implement specific training to improve service performance.
- Proudly represents brand values and Company philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Assists with any Compensation and Benefits data compilation
- Assists with regular communication of all Associate Benefits on properties.
- Assists with the administration of any employment relations issue (for example Employment Tribunal preparation).
- Provides a sounding board for associates who may need to discuss personal issues, and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with the organization of any associate events.
- Ensures that all leavers complete an exit interview and that details are complied to assist the hotel retention strategy.
- Assists with any process administration and the collation of data for relevant reports.
- Assists, where necessary, with PeopleSoft data maintenance and tracking.
- Provides full administration support for candidate management system (I-GRasp) internet recruitment
- Support with the administration of any payroll of HR information though Oracle (or relevant system)
Needs to be extremely efficient and professionally skilled in:
- Preparing documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Filing and forward tracing a variety of documents, appointments etc..
- Updating and distributing relevant information databases as required
- Processing incoming mail.
- Maintaining office supplies for the HR department.
- Taking meeting minutes as requested.
- Attending investigatory meetings and provides an administration support to HODs by taking minutes.
- Budget control: raises purchase orders, log budget transactions, process department invoices, report monthly.
- Updating data on the celebratory dates/Key Management Data/Contact list etc.
- Maintaining, collating and distributing all relevant activity reports.
- Responding to various requests for help and information.
- Communicating with property associates to provide information and resolving challenges on behalf of those she/he reports to.
- Coordinating and handling all related memberships and incentive enrolments and ensuring they are current.