Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19148150
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Winston-Salem Downtown, 640 West 4th Street, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hotel Equities. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management
companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Director of
Sales for the NEW Courtyard Marriott in Winston-Salem, NC. This NEW hotel is
located on W. Fourth St. between Foothills Brewery and the Center City West
parking deck and will have 126-rooms, 1,800 sft of meeting space and a rooftop
venue capable of holding events of up to 200 people. The hotel is scheduled to open in January
2020; hiring now!
Hotel Equities offers an award-winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to prospect, sell, and maintain accounts to positively impact revenues for a "best in class" hotel!
The Director of Sales will be responsible for the development and implementation of the total sales effort of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction. Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintaining rapport and developing future business with existing contacts
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients in order to produce group business
• Attending networking events, developing and maintaining good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies, and trade organizations, and attending local and out-of-town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel
• Conducting site tours
• Maintaining customer database via Hotel Sales Pro
• Developing contracts and following up with customers
• Developing and managing the departmental budget and monitoring sales activity and performance to ensure sales meet or exceed established profit plan and to accurately report variances/projections to management
All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment drug
screening and background check.
Please note that this job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all functions that a Director of Sales may be asked to perform
• Candidates for Director of Sales must have a minimum of 2+years
hotel sales experience
• Opening experience preferred
• Previous sales experience within the hospitality industry required
• Marriott experience strongly preferred
• Market knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of Hotel Sales Pro
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Internet
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work independently
• Display initiative, perseverance and analytical skills
• Effective communication
• Professional and ethical
• Excellent customer service skills
• Quick learner and hard worker
• Team player and ability to get along with others
• Available to meet guests which may include weekends
• Ability to read, write and speak English, with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal)
This company is an equal opportunity employer.