Franchised Area Director Human Resources VO RO - South Florida
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19143483
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott's Ocean Pointe, 71 Ocean Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Vacation Club. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Must be in South Florida market (Miami to Palm Beach or Crystal Shores).
Relocation Assistance Provided
As a member of the professional staff, contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support department and/or function objectives. Generally works with considerable independence, developing operating plans and related operational processes for own department and monitoring the flow of work between own department and others in alignment with broader business objectives, selecting and developing effective managers and work teams, and managing own organization through reliable systems and processes.
The Area Director, Human Resources II (Area Director) provides strategic Human Resources (HR) generalist support to all field locations, leaders and associates within their designated area. The Area Director provides proactive support, advice and solutions to business leaders on all people-related matters, with a focus on Associate Relations. The Area Director reports to the Regional Senior Director, Human Resources and also receives guidance from the HR Centers of Excellence (COE) teams. Within their area, the Area Director will work closely with field and regional leaders to facilitate the implementation and management of HR programs, plans, and policies as appropriate. The Area Director will assist the Regional Senior Director, Human Resources in building people and business strategies that improve organizational effectiveness and drive business performance, integrating HR capabilities and business needs to enable successful execution of business and people strategies and ensuring consistency and compliance across all locations within their designated area. The Area Director is the HR Generalist supporting a geographic area which may be across multiple cities and/or states. Incumbent will be expected to travel up to 30% as needed in some markets.
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Oversee, lead, manage, develop and coach field HR leaders to support the day-to-day HR needs of our clients, people-related matters and critical HR initiatives.
- Evaluate the HR team for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness as well as provide. personal and professional growth with emphasis on development opportunities when available.
- Provides strategic and generalist Human Resources support to Regional and site teams.
- Proactively identifies Human Resources Management needs, develops and implements strategies for addressing and resolving associate and business needs.
- Acts as an HR Business Partner and internal consultant to managers and associates at all levels by providing a full range of human resources support, guidance, and direction.
- Fosters continuous improvements in the HR and field organizations by analyzing processes, monitoring effectiveness, and make recommendations for changes and enhancements.
- Assists with division Human Resources projects and initiatives from inception to completion.
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition team, reviews and ensures appropriate staffing plans and programs are designed to best identify talent within and outside the Company are executed in the market/region to meet the need of the business.
- Champions the associate on-boarding process for newly hired associates to ensure a smooth transition and introduction to the company.
- Partners with the Talent Management team as needed as it relates to associate training and education programs, to include identifying Leadership training needs.
- Provides consultation and assistance as needed to manage the Engagement Survey across each discipline.
- Is accountable for leading the execution of the Human Capital Review process within his/her area in partnership with the Talent Manager.
- Partners with Senior Director of Human Resources and Talent Manager in talent development, performance and career coaching and succession management among the associates within his/her designated market/region.
- Drives execution of the Leadership Performance Process among the managers and their direct reports.
- Manages job elimination and the mutually agreed-upon separation process including development of business justification, risk assessment, and obtaining necessary approvals. Makes recommendations and ensures that decisions do not expose the Company to undue risk.
- Assists HR COEs in the design, development, and implementation of division and discipline specific initiatives.
- Works in partnership with the Talent Manager and discipline specific strategic training representatives to identify, plan and implement training and development needs and activities for management and hourly associates.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience generally required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources/ related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Master's degree in Industrial/Organization Psychology, Business Administration, or Human Resources Management preferred.
- At least seven years of progressive Generalist experience in a management role.
- Experience in a multi-unit and/or multi-state environment preferred.
- Experience as a generalist in all aspects of Human Resources including Associate Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Training, Organizational Development, and Diversity or experience as a specialist in one of these HR functional areas.
- Experience in Vacation Ownership, Hospitality or Vacation Ownership Sales and Marketing preferred.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM -- CP/SCP certification preferred.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.