Franchised Director of Facility
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19143449
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Indianapolis Marriott East, 7202 East 21st Street, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Shadeland Enterprises. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Conduct walkthroughs and visually assess the safe and efficient
maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotels, all
mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment. Verify completion of all routine maintenance
on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces,
and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation
projects to offices and employee work areas.
Lead capital projects and manage project planning for all three hotel
properties. Assist in hiring, training,
supervising, and disciplining department staff and all other staff under
direction of the Engineering Department, such as painters, upholsterers, and
groundskeepers. Adhere to all
company-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to,
all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules. Follow prescribed safety
procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA. Maintain effective Energy Management and
Preventive Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other
operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in
the hotel. Inform the General Manager
and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and
overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems, and equipment
offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems.
Access and input information into a computer and generate reports.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General Manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Supervise necessary repairs and maintenance throughout the hotel.
• Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations, and repairs for properties. Must have basic knowledge of building codes.
• Actively train in fire prevention, environmental health and safety, and engineering systems. Attend all meetings regarding hotel operations, i.e., department, fire, safety, health and quality improvement.
• Oversee daily and semi-monthly payrolls. Prepare departmental schedules.
• Oversee water treatment programs.
• Attend morning “walkarounds” as required.
• Accurate short-term memory to remember instructions
• Able to work in a varied environment including inside, outside with extreme temperature changes
• Must possess good eye/hand coordination
• Able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with guests and associate to respond accurately and completely to give directions, instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.