Shipboard Hotel Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19142893
Job Category Property Leadership
Location The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Club(F), 2601 S Bayshore Dr Suite 900, Coconut Grove, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s joint ventures.
Please Apply Online at : https://rcyachtcollection.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23
Additional Information: This opportunity is with Cruise Yacht OpCo Ltd. who controls all aspects of employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position with Cruise Yacht OpCo Ltd., you will be employed by them and not by Marriott International.
At more than 80 award-winning properties
worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so
exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with
them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the
standard for rare and special luxury service the world over.
The Ritz-Carlton is now taking that legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks an inspiring hotelier to lead the onboard Cruise Hotel Operations.
We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
This is based onboard our Yacht and functions as the strategic shipboard business leader of all onboard Cruise Hotel Operations. Leads the onboard guest experience for the following areas: Guest Services, Housekeeping, Finance, Food and Beverage/Culinary, Human Resources, Ritz-Kids, Retail, Entertainment, The Shore Collection, Spa, Wellness and Medical Services.
Working closely with the onboard Executive Committee and all direct reports, the Hotel Director leads the implementation of all cruise hotel operations strategy ensuring the consistent implementation of the The Ritz-Carlton Gold Standards and all brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures that all guest service delivery and operations meet the brand's target customer needs, ensuring maximum employee satisfaction while focusing on growing revenues and maximizing onboard financial performance. As a member of the Executive Committee, the Hotel Director develops and implements all onboard property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and all Ladies and gentlemen, providing a return on investment while maximizing the guest satisfaction.
- The onboard Brand Ambassador in ensuring The Ritz-Carlton Culture and Credo are demonstrated and delivered by all Ladies and Gentlemen onboard
- Understands the importance of spending time with guests to understand their needs and communicates opportunities to direct reports where experiences can be improved and refined in the moment
- Plans, coordinates and shapes the operation of the onboard Cruise Hotel organization. Leads the function of all Cruise Hotel Ladies and Gentlemen through the management of department heads. Mentors, motivates, develops and inspires all ladies and gentlemen in their care
- Emphasizes the importance of “The Three Steps of Service” throughout all development and training for the onboard Cruise Hotel Operations teams and all OBR partners
- Ensures he highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities within Ritz-Carlton brand standards. Serves as the highest level of authority in answering guests' complaints and resolving issues immediately. Proactively seeks to understand guest feedback from their experiences
- Establishes and maintains strong and effective internal communications including regular department head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity
- Continually encourages teamwork and cooperation between all Hotel shipboard employees and Marine shipboard employees. Keeps Captain and marine management team informed of Hotel activities
- Implements the business and operating budget plans to ensure on an on-going basis optimum total guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability. Reviews operating budgets and revenue reports. Analyzes established goals and objective compared to actual results and implements recommendations to achieve projected goals
- Monitors cash management programs and purchasing practices including inventories and receivables. Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists in planning budgets for departments. Provides approval for non-standard requisitions for supplies and equipment
- Conducts regular inspections to ensure facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning and management
- Champions all boarding and departure planning and experience delivery as relates to turnaround days. Manages all turnaround day (arrival and departure) guest experiences on behalf of Cruise Hotel Operations
- Ensures the security and safety of guests and shipboard employees through established emergency procedures
- Partners with VP, Cruise Hotel Operations and VP, Financial Planning & Administration to develop all onboard revenue KPI’s and balance scorecard metrics
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent luxury hospitality experience required
- Experience: 10+ years Hotel management preferred in a combination of five star hotels and luxury cruise 5 years onboard Hotel management minimum required in luxury cruise
- Proven operational experience in leading either Food and Beverage and/or Rooms division Significant exposure to International markets of luxury hospitality
This company is an equal opportunity employer.