Room Service Assistant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19139827
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko, Ro-1-shohan and others, Nikko, Japan, Japan VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Nikko is a city located in Tochigi prefecture, which is part of the northern Kanto region of Japan, approximately 150 KM north of Tokyo. The city is known as an outdoor and cultural tourism destination. Nikko can be reached in approximately two hours drive from downtown Tokyo or from Tokyo Station, two hours rail ride to reach Nikko station.
The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko is a 4-story building blocks of 94 rooms across the street from a National Park and UNESCO World Heritage designated area. The majority of guestrooms will be designed to provide excellent scenic views of the lake and mountains surrounding the property. The property will provide for multiple F&B options, including a proposed lakefront outlet, as well as extensive onsen facilities, given Nikko’s reputation as a popular onsen destination.
The hotel is set to open in 2020.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Room Service. Position directs, trains and assists employees to follow standards in the delivery of food and beverage to guestrooms and hospitality suites. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Day-to-Day Room Service Operations
• Ensures compliance with all Room Service polices, standards and procedures.
• Assists with the handling and service of all room service hospitality suites and group sales functions.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Helps to manage the delivery of amenity packages and VIP gifts.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Supporting Management and Coaching of Room Service Team
• Provides direction to Room Service employees to sell and service in-room dining.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supervises Room Service in the absence of the Room Service Manager.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
Assisting Room Service Financial and Budgeting Goals
• Understands the impact of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Utilizes budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from a supervisor as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of room service employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Conducts training when appropriate.