Franchised - General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19139638
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, 316 W Tennessee St, Tallahassee, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Union Leasing Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are looking for a strong leader who can continue to create a strong service culture as well as continue to drive revenue. The General Manager is responsible for the successful management and operation of the hotel, upholds customer satisfaction, and demonstrates excellent leadership skills that inspire others to succeed. The General Manager ensures that all Marriott and other policies and procedures are followed in order to achieve company standards.
- Leads the management of the hotel staff in such a way to increase hotel profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Responsibilities include overseeing the interviewing, hiring, training, work direction, and performance management of all employees.
- Tasked with creating a motivating work environment to allow for development of employees.
- Contributes to the successful development of direct reports.
- Oversees the activities of all staff members to ensure adherence to hotel policies and procedures.
- May review all departmental schedules for accuracy and staffing demands.
- Conducts all daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual meetings.
- Oversees annual salary review and ensures that all employee wages follow federal, state, and local wage and hour guidelines.
- Financial Forecasting and Development
- Reviews and maintains accurate records of hotel’s funds and information including, but not limited to, the cash flow sheet, accounts receivable and payable, credit card reconciliations, and registration information.
- Manages vendors providing capital items & renovation projects.
- Reviews and validates vendor invoices.
- Prepares the annual and quarterly budgets as well as the annual marketing plan.
- Responsible for reviewing weekly summary reports and adjusting the budget forecast as necessary.
- Develops a long-term business plan that will increase the hotel’s profitability and customer satisfaction with the property, services offered, and staff.
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Fills in for vacant shifts as needed.
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
- 5+ years of hotel management or supervisory experience required.
- Accounting or financial budgeting experience required.
- Experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, daily management of all areas of operations involving human resources, food and beverage, budget management, rooms, housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping.
- Prior Marriott brand experience highly preferred.
- Prior experience using Windows-based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook highly preferred.
- Must possess leadership skills to motivate and train staff to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Must have solid long-range planning and development skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent decision maker.
- Ability to work independently.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- May be required to travel.
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.