Director Of Operations
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19136801
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, Raheja IT Park, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, one of the prominent hotels in the city, strategically situated to accommodate both business and leisure travelers. The hotel is situated in the heart of the HITEC City and provides business travelers with easy access to many international corporations as well as the world-class Hyderabad International Convention Center. It is also well connected with the International Airport and surrounded by the offices of Major IT companies. Comprising of 427 guest rooms, suites, 7 unique F&B offerings, the Heavenly SPA by Westin™ among other amenities, the hotel is among the most sought after destinations in the city. It has 25000 sq. ft. of banquet space with a sprawling Westin Lawn, to cater to any occasion, be it wedding or corporate retreats.
Keeping in mind the business traveler, The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace is equipped with ‘Evolve’ -conference areas offering the perfect solutions for corporate events. Further, it also has on-site meeting planners to ensure state-of-the-art options to meet technology needs. For small and intimate gatherings, the conference spaces can be broken up into three smaller spaces. There are also several appealing outdoor spaces like the private garden, pool or rooftop areas to host events of varying sizes.
The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace offers you a wide range of indoor and outdoor meeting facilities to cater to all the Business Meetings, Seminars, Launches, Exhibitions, Previews, Weddings, Celebrations, etc. It is the perfect wedding destination where we cater to all your needs at the Westin Ballroom. A gracious room—fully equipped with audiovisual facilities— is able to accommodate anywhere from 400 to 700 people. Boasting a spacious 21-foot ceiling adorned with three elegant chandeliers, the ballroom is perfect setting for the ideal wedding party.
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Hotel Operations. Areas of responsibility may include Front Office, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance. Position works with direct reports (department heads) to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Hotel Operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department and developing positive owner relations. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
• Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
• Works with hotel management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
Managing Revenue Goals
• Monitors hotel operations sales performance against budget.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine hotel operations performance against budget.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
• Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holding team accountable for results.
Leading Operations and Department Teams
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the hotel leadership teams.
• Develops systems to enable employees to understand guest satisfaction results.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Stays visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.