Outlet Assistant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19136739
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko, Ro-1-shohan and others, Nikko, Japan, Japan VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Nikko is a city located in Tochigi prefecture, which is part of the northern Kanto region of Japan, approximately 150 KM north of Tokyo. The city is known as an outdoor and cultural tourism destination. Nikko can be reached in approximately two hours drive from downtown Tokyo or from Tokyo Station, two hours rail ride to reach Nikko station.
The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko is a 4-story building blocks of 94 rooms across the street from a National Park and UNESCO World Heritage designated area. The majority of guestrooms will be designed to provide excellent scenic views of the lake and mountains surrounding the property. The property will provide for multiple F&B options, including a proposed lakefront outlet, as well as extensive onsen facilities, given Nikko’s reputation as a popular onsen destination.
The hotel is set to open in 2020.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Restaurants/Lounges and Bars. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Lounges and Bars Departments, where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
• Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
• Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Meets and greets guests.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.