Digital Marketing Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19136687
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Calton, Nikko, Ro-1-shohan and others, Nikko, Japan, Japan VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Nikko is a city located in Tochigi prefecture, which is part of the northern Kanto region of Japan, approximately 150 KM north of Tokyo. The city is known as an outdoor and cultural tourism destination. Nikko can be reached in approximately two hours drive from downtown Tokyo or from Tokyo Station, two hours rail ride to reach Nikko station.
The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko is a 4-story building blocks of 94 rooms across the street from a National Park and UNESCO World Heritage designated area. The majority of guestrooms will be designed to provide excellent scenic views of the lake and mountains surrounding the property. The property will provide for multiple F&B options, including a proposed lakefront outlet, as well as extensive onsen facilities, given Nikko’s reputation as a popular onsen destination.
The hotel is set to open in 2020.
This role will manage overall activation of the strategies in owned and third party electronic channels (Marriott.com, multi-lingual global sites, OTAs, meta search sites, search engines, and other eMarketing vehicles). This role will work to increase revenue, grow market share and create a compelling experience that steers customers towards booking on our direct online property channels. He/she will be in touch with their regional eCommerce and Digital Services team on a regular basis to make sure they are fully activated and optimized on Marriott.com and appropriate in-language global sites. The role partners hand in hand with their colleagues in the cluster marketing team to engage current and would-be customers with targeted messaging that’s relevant, on-brand, and genuinely engaging.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in eCommerce, Marketing, Business Administration or related major and 2 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital, eCommerce or related professional area; hospitality marketing or agency experience preferred
• 4-year bachelor's degree in eCommerce, Marketing, Business Administration or related major; 2 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital, eCommerce or related professional area; hospitality marketing or agency experience preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Digital and eDistribution Strategy Execution
• Executes appropriate on-strategy eCommerce priorities and tactics.
• Coordinates with the Director of Sales and Marketing and Marketing Communications Manager to validate and track ecommerce goals for the hotel.
• Reviews hotel progress against established goals periodically, provides reporting and analysis, and troubleshoots performance issues.
• Follows and tracks progress on quarterly game plans for hotel by identifying key focus for the coming months.
Digital Acquisition Marketing
• Coordinates execution of online marketing efforts through approved agencies/vendors and Marriott Digital Services team.
• Works with regional eCommerce team to optimize Paid Search performance.
• Manages the PLUS Platform for participating hotels in the area/cluster.
• Assures that hotel websites on Marriott.com and global sites are fully optimized to maximize traffic from search engines.
Hotel Web Site Content Optimization
• Conducts regular audits of Marriott.com and Hotel Websites to verify hotel is optimized for high quality custom images, content, links, and accurate translations.
• Identifies and implements efforts to drive online awareness and bookings for hotel F&B outlets.
OTAs and Meta Search Channel Optimization
• Regularly audits content, images, and star ratings on OTAs and Meta Search sites.
• Defines and executes the hotel OTA merchandising plan(s).
• Identifies and executes hotel OTA marketing and merchandising tactics as needed (e.g. Agoda newsletter, Expedia TravelAds, etc.).
• Builds strong domestic relationships with the top 2-3 OTA partners.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.