Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19136080
Job Category Property Leadership
Location The Westin St. John Resort Villas, 300B Chocolate Hole, Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interval Leisure Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
• The General Manager will provide the leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the resort, including, but not limited to, the quality and legal defensibility of services provided, and the achievement of stated operational goals and profitability objectives. Manage the operations of the resort in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality. Participate in total resort management as a member of the resort Leadership Team.
• The General Manager will lead, through subordinate staff, the effective management of the Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security and Activities functional areas.
• Maximize revenues and control expense performance while exceeding Owner and Guest’s expectations of quality standards and customer experience.
• Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan through budgeting and forecasting that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
• Coordinate Capital and H.O.A. Special Project improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, protecting assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
• Partner with Yield Management to ensure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans to achieve budgeted revenues and average daily rates.
• Work closely with a proactive Human Resources department to ensure a productive, participative, and comfortable work environment in which all employees are valued and treated lawfully and consistently, and to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment and labor laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, and Pregnancy Discrimination Act. Directly facilitate open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
• Become knowledgeable of the details and be able to communicate performance on various levels.
• Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
• Possess a strong understanding of the financial and accounting principles.
• Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within all resort disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
• Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers and staff.
• Knowledge of resort competitive markets and revenue management.
• Participate in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals of the hotel.
• Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Minimum of ten years’ hotel management experience required.
• Timeshare experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience required.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
• CAM license preferred.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.