Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19135819
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Dockrail Road, Foreshore, Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
The successful incumbent is required to perform functions within the housekeeping environment as well as assist in other areas based on operational requirements as instructed from time to time. Maintain the up keep of all guest rooms and corridors and ensure that all public areas in the hotel are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Housekeeping in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Customer / staff focused
- Team Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Post caution signs.
- Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs.
- Deliver guest requests and set up furniture items in guest rooms as requested. Remove items from hallways, room service food and beverage trays, unread newspapers, soiled linens, and trash placed near Housekeeper carts.
- Clean, maintain, and store cleaning equipment.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects).
- You will also be scheduled to work in the Soil Room, Linen room, Public Area and Housemen, necessary training will be given for each area.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language