PT Assistant Night Duty Manager - Four Points Perth
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19131855
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Four Points by Sheraton Perth, 707 Wellington Street, Perth, Western Australia, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets pleasure. Where even when you’re global, you can experience the local. Designed for the independent traveller seeking balance, there’s Four Points.
Situated in Perth’s CBD opposite the Perth Arena, the 278-room Four Points by Sheraton Perth caters to business and leisure travellers alike. It is a short stroll from the famed Northbridge entertainment and dining district, Kings Park and Botanical Gardens and several shopping areas.
At the heart of our thriving Hotel is our team of Front Office associates who are passionate about looking after our guests and each other – they work hard and have fun doing it!
The Assistant Night Duty Manager is a key role in the Hotel and oversees hotel operations between 2300 -0700.
This is a diverse and challenging role in an environment where every day is different! With your solid experience in Front Office operations gained from working in a management capacity within a 4-5 star environment, outstanding people skills and flair for problem-solving, you'll be integral to ensuring we surpass our goals through effective processes and optimum performance by our talent. Your efficient time management and strong attention to detail and accuracy will also support your success in this role.
This part time position involves 4 shifts per week so you’ll have the required work entitlements and availability to work a rotating roster including weekends.
A full, unrestricted Western Australian driver’s licence and an exemplary driving record are essential, as you’ll be required to undertake valet parking duties.
You will also have current Approved Manager (WA) status.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for to enhance your Front Office career, please apply online attaching a current resume and cover letter.
Serves as the property Manager on Duty and oversees all property operations during the overnight shift. Ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
• Ensures associates are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in associate handbook).
• Ensures associates are working in a safe environment.
• Manages all period-end inventories.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
• Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
• Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
• Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
• Ensures associates are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
• Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Supporting Human Resources Activities
• Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
• Monitors associate attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
• Keeps associates informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
• Assists in handling associate performance issues (e.g., performance reviews, counseling, and recommendations).
• Ensures associates have complete knowledge of emergency procedures. Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.