Sales Manager, MICE
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19120865
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, No. 5 Cotai Strip, Macao S.A.R., Macao, Macao S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related opportunities. Manages group/catering opportunities not handled by the Event Booking Center. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provide service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the company.
Understanding markets, maximizing revenue, conducting daily sales activities, providing exceptional customer service and building successful relationships are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related opportunities
- Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
Minimum Job requirements:
- 4 years experience in the hospitality sales or related professional area.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.