場所 The Ritz-Carlton, Nikko, Ro-1-shohan and others, Nikko, 日本, 日本 地図で表示
ブランド The Ritz-Carlton
Manages the daily kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
JOB FAMILY CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
• Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Supervises dishroom shift operations.
• Performs all duties of utility employees as necessary.
• Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver and ensures adequate clean supplies of each.
• Coordinates banquet plating and food running with Banquet Chef and Banquet Maitre'd.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Enforces proper breakdown procedures for banquets, restaurants, room service and employee cafeteria.
• Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
• Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
• Interacts with vendors and Health Department representatives as required.
• Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
• Manages payroll administration.
• Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
• Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
Leading Kitchen Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired results.
• Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Attends meetings and communicates with executive, peers, and subordinates as an effort to improve quality of service.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes employees in the organization.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with appropriate skills.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Participates in employee progress discipline procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.