Cafe and Bars Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113457
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas, 19 Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas is proudly part of the Marriott International group. Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, and 30 brands, you’ll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn more about our company www.Marriott.com Find Your World.™
Inspiring, Passionate, Innovative
Is this you? Are you looking for a new challenge set in a unique destination? Do you like to think out of the box, bring energy, enthusiasm and drive to create something new and unique?
We are currently recruiting an inspiring Café & Bars Manager to join us at an iconic resort situated in Port Douglas, Tropical North Queensland. Port Douglas offers an adventurous lifestyle, situated between the renowned Great Barrier Reef and the lush Daintree Rainforest. From sailing through the vibrant sunsets to hiking for roaring waterfalls, days off in this community will feel like a holiday.
The Café & Bars Manager will oversee our lobby level outlets, pool bar and restaurant while reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Inspire, motivate and lead a team of 20 associates over three locations
- Have the passion to launch a new restaurant concept and put their own stamp on it
- Train and develop a team to a 5 star standard
- Apply excellent organizational skills and financial acumen
- Enjoy working in a remote environment
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Manage daily activities of all bars and café outlets to ensure the highest level of guest service
- Plan and deliver a new restaurant concept alongside the F&B Manager
- Encourage, motivate and train all associates
- Understand labour costs and productivity, prepare forecasts & rosters, review daily revenues and expenses
- Inspire a team to meet goals while encouraging a fun environment
Full working rights in Australia are required for this position
Marriott offers many benefits of unlimited career opportunities globally. Additional benefits include uniforms laundered, discounted meals, and exceptionally generous accommodation discounts at our 5 star International Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job, it’s a lifestyle. Be your best. Grow your career with Marriott, where you don’t just work–you belong.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.