Franchised Executive Housekeeper
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113168
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location North Charleston Marriott, 4770 Goer Drive, North Charleston, South Carolina, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at https://www.aurohotels.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Auro Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The purpose of the Executive Housekeeper is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for product cleanliness.
- Oversees Public Space for efficiency and cleanliness; conducts inspections of public space and does follow-up as needed; insures public space meets and exceeds customer expectations for the appearance of the hotel.
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy.
- Conducts effective associate meetings; Handles disciplinary action and counseling sessions as necessary.
- Determines, communicates and monitors achievement standards and standards of performance on a timely basis.
- Conducts department training on a regular basis in conjunction with Auro Hotels’ standards and Brand standards including cleaning techniques and safe use of cleaning products.
- Works with associates when necessary to provide outstanding customer service to guests.
- Responsible to ensure that Auro Hotels’ standards and Brand standards are met in all of Public Areas and Guest Rooms.
- Insures that guest rooms are within the standards of Auro and brand standards.
- Inspects all guest rooms each quarter; writes maintenance orders as needed.
- Checks "In" house or "Stay-over Rooms" as necessary.
- Checks linen closets and carts for cleanliness and supplies.
- Uses 100-point inspection to ensure quality of rooms by inspecting rooms following cleaning by housekeepers.
- Coordinates housekeeping work with other departments; Front Office, Engineering, Banquets, etc.
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards.
- Prepares payroll and schedules as required. Monitors actual vs. budget on payroll cycles. Approves overtime as necessary for hourly associates.
- Works scheduled Manager On Duty shifts on an assigned basis.
- Maintains proper linen pars, chemicals, and amenity inventories. Conducts inventories as assigned and recommends purchases of products, remaining within budget.
- Confers closely with the General Manager and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs performance appraisals on all direct reports as required.
Added benefits to working with us!
- During annual reviews in April of each year, associates are able to earn up to a 3% increase to their pay rate based on performance from the previous 12 months. Associates will be eligible for a pro-rated portion of the increase based on the number of completed months of service during the review period.
- All associates receive either free lunch or dinner during each shift.
- Full health, vision, dental and life insurance, flexible spending account, wellness plans, disability coverage and legal plans are available. New associates are able to sign up for benefits within their first 60 days and any elected benefits would go into effect the first of the month following 60 days.
- $100 reimbursement if you submit a print out from a local gym showing you went at least 25 times a quarter.
- Associates are eligible to pay for shoes through payroll deduction.
- Associate and Friends & Family discounts at participating Marriott hotels & Associate discounts at participating Auro hotels.
- Associates start accruing PTO on day 1 and can begin using it after 6 months. PTO is accrued each pay period which is bi-weekly. New hires earn a total of 20 PTO days their first year.
- Associates are eligible to sign up after 1 year of employment. Auro will match up to 4% of your contribution.
- 2-3 years of hotel management/supervisory experience in Housekeeping or Rooms Division or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.