Franchised Human Resources Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113125
Job Category Human Resources
Location Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, 201 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, Alabama, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Beautiful Renaissance Montgomery is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join their team.
Position directs and works with HR associates to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resources Office including recruitment, total compensation and training and development. Focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of associates and enable business success ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations and PCH operating procedures.
- Recruitment: Manage the hourly hiring process to attract, select and retain a diverse workforce. Utilizes selection processes that identify the best candidates for open positions in a cost effective and efficient manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Total Compensation: Administers benefit plans for both hourly and management associates and supports administration of the compensation plan. Focuses on compliance with PCH Operating Procedures and providing excellent service to enhance associate satisfaction.
- Training and Development: Assists with the coordination and delivery of hourly training programs such as new hire orientation, service and job skills training, compliance and safety training to ensure business success.
- Associate Relations: Performs activities to help create and sustain a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
- Human Resources- Department Focus: Participates in the hiring, development and retention of a diverse workforce to deliver excellent products and services. Sustains a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business success.
- Loss Prevention: Partners with Loss Prevention to ensure a safe and secure work environment and administer an effective workers compensation program. Focuses on reducing the frequency and severity of accidents. Ensures compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Good coaching skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good understanding of labor relations
- Good understanding of labor laws
- Good understanding of workforce analysis
- Good event planning skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Strong consensus building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective influence skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective change management skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Basic legal expertise related to hotel issues
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
- High school diploma or equivalent required Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Society of Human Resource Management Certification Preferred
PCH is relationship-driven. The combination of great ownership, strong franchise partners and an exceptional operating team makes for a winning organization. By delivering the ultimate guest experience, we ensure repeat guests - the heart of our business.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.