Franchised Executive Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113107
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Marriott Savannah Riverfront, 100 General McIntosh Blvd., Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Columbia Sussex Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Columbia Sussex Management LLC is currently seeking an experienced and energetic individual for the position of Executive Sous Chef and one that desires to become a Executive Chef at one of our location. This position will be trained at our Savannah Marriott Riverfront hotel in Savannah, Georgia. This hotel has 387 rooms and over 36,000 square feet of event space.
The Executive Sous Chef is to be the second in command in our kitchen. The candidate will follow our Company’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Ensures all recipes are followed exactly and consistently.
- Assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality
- Conforms to all company specifications
- Achieves budgeted labor cost and food cost.
- Arranges training of staff on the proper use and cleaning of equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Periodically reviews the job performance of staff through the use of performance reviews.
- Acts as an example and enforces the hotels culture in the kitchen.
- Participates in progressive discipline as required.
- Assist Executive Chef with developing and coaching staff.
- Participates and attends manager meetings and all other mandatory meetings.
- Maintains the kitchen cleanliness and organization standards.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate would be a plus
- Must be able to relocate
This company is an equal opportunity employer.