Franchised Director of Engineering (Facilities Management)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113103
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club, 2249 Poipu Road, Koloa, Hawaii, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. Position has overall responsibility for maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
- Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Manages and controls heat, light and power.
- Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand's business strategy.
- Develops and manages Engineering budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
- Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an "open door" policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
Adaptability -- Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.