Franchised Guest Service Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113098
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Convention Center, 1815 Terry Ave, Seattle, Washington, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stonebridge Companies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The purpose of a GUEST SERVICE AGENT is to serve as the primary contact for all guests throughout their stay and effectively and efficiently check guests in and out of the hotel.
- Operate the front desk according to standard operating procedures and with exceptional guest service.
- Operate with accuracy the reservation system, check-in and checkout system and credit card system, following all safety and security procedures.
- Check registration (folio) cards for completeness, accuracy, and legibility.
- Maintain accurate cash sheet. Responsible for cash drawer balancing.
- Operate the switchboard and disperse calls as required by your shift. Take guest messages and faxes with accuracy, always noting the date and time of message. Repeat message back to caller to assure the accuracy of the message. Use message light to tell guests that they have a message waiting.
- Know emergency procedures and how to respond.
- Never say a guest’s room number out loud.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel promotions.
- Know room rate. Also know the amenities of the rooms so you can inform guests of what to expect in their rooms.
- Know physical makeup of building-exterior and interior. Know where the closest shopping, convenience store and gas station is.
- Complete daily reports, audits correspondences etc. as required by your shift.
- Keep lobby and office area clean at all times,
- Set wake-up calls as dictated by your shift.
- Prepare room status sheet for housekeeping and update housekeeping on rooms available to clean as guests checkout or leave for the day.
- Take and confirm credit cards for validity and acceptability.
- Lock and secure area if leaving the front desk, even if it is for a moment!
- Create incident reports for guest injuries / issues when required.
- Answer all calls within three (3) rings. All calls are to be answered in a “scripted” manner.
- Take and record reservations with accuracy. Confirm as requested.
- Resolve guest complaints.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to speak English fluently.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment
- May be exposed to and use of cleaning chemicals throughout the shift
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
This company is an equal opportunity employer.