Assistant Banqueting Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19113011
Job Category Event Management
Location London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square, Grosvenor Square, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Are you looking for a fantastic career opportunity within a 5-star hotel in Mayfair? You would love to join our Award-winning Banqueting Operations Team and help us to become for the second year in a row the number one Event Operations Management Team within Marriott Hotels across the UK.
You will be empowered to use your leadership skills as well as your creativity to craft memorable experiences for our guests in our 10 meeting rooms, with the heart of operations being our newly refurbished and elegantly designed Westminster Ballroom catering for more than 500 guests.
Your team is looking forward to welcoming you and setting you on your success journey with Marriott!
Assists with directing and motivating team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Assists with monitoring and controlling financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
Previous experience in Senior Supervisor or Managerial role
Proactive problem-solving skills
High attention to details
Developed critical thinking
Excellent leadership and communication skills
Entrepreneur mind set
Pursuit of excellence in all operations and as well as Associate relations
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests, catering and kitchen staff.
• Maintains a professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with guests.
• Develops a unique and creative experience for guests.
Assisting with Managing and Coordinating Banquet Operations and Staff
• Ensures that meeting rooms are set and equipped properly.
• Maintains a professional staff to set up the rooms and assist with evening functions.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Serves as the liaison between the Kitchen, the Conference Services Manager and the Guest.
• Ensures coffee breaks are set on time and with the proper items.
• Ensures evening functions are properly set up and on time.
• Cleans up, accounts, and properly stores food and beverage items at the end of a function.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in catering service, food and wine, P&L, budgets, theme concepts and kitchen operations.
• Assists with the management of controllable expenses for department.
• Maintains sanitation levels.
• Reports all maintenance problems to the appropriate persons.
• Assists clients with last minute requests.
• Assists with overseeing banquet department and floor operations.
• Maintains a clean, safe, sanitary and neat working area including meeting and storage space within the Conference Services areas.
• Ensures the physical appearance of the meeting rooms is up to current standards and also includes the business center and storage rooms.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in the completion of performance reviews of staff members.
• Trains and develops banquet captains/assistant Maitre'd and non-management employees.
• Maintains customer service satisfaction in banquets and meetings.