Senior Manager Event Services
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19112021
Job Category Event Management
Location Marriott Marquis Houston, 1777 Walker Street, Houston, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists in leading the team in providing proper room set ups based on requirements and standards, personally assisting when needed. Directs and motivates team to provide high level of service. Assists in monitoring and controlling financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Assist in developing and training team to complete work thoroughly, promptly and safely.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Executing Event Services Operations and Maintaining Inventories
• Attends pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs.
• Assists in establishing consistent standards for meeting room sets and VIP meeting room sets.
• Conducts function room inspections prior to each function to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all event operation areas.
• Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Technology teams and the group contact throughout the event.
• Projects supply needs for the department (e.g., pads, pens, candy jars, bottled water/water pitchers).
• Coordinates routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting facility.
• Solves problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Assists in leading shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Understands the impact Event Services has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Schedules associates to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Conducts associate performance appraisals and provides feedback as needed.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Ensures property policies are applied fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Brings issues to the attention of supervisor and/or Human Resources as necessary.
• Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
• Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Service Standards.