Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19109856
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, 660 K Street, San Diego, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at : www.sandiegogaslamphotel.com/apply
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stanford Hotel Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manage accounts and solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals (room nights, average rate, food & beverage, and room rental) are achieved or exceeded in the corporate market.
Solicit new and existing accounts/files to generate business in assigned markets, and to meet/exceed revenue goals and budget requirements consisting of:
- Telephone solicitation (weekly minimum of 50)
- Conduct pre-scheduled appointments (inclusive but not limited to: client lunch appointments, schedule site inspections)
- Conduct outside sales calls (prescheduled, following up or cold calls are included)
- Territory drives, Chamber functions, Membership meetings/functions
- Any industry related events in this sales effort.
- Build and maintain existing relationships
- Prepares sales proposal and contracts to clients incorporating clearly defined terms and conditions
- Responsible for account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented.
- Coordinate various department’s participation in servicing accounts.
- Maintain accurate history and statistics on each assigned account managed
- Work to achieve goals and objectives
- Attend all meetings regularly:
- Sales and Catering Team meetings
- Staff meetings
- Business meetings
- Any other meetings that required attendance
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using a combination of skills and abilities.
- Sales Skills: Understand the features, functions and positioning of the hotel, and is capable of closing business with customers by helping them recognize the value the hotel brings to the enterprise
- Marketing: knowledge of and skill in the use of fundamental principles associated with identifying, developing and creating markets that meet hotel objectives and targets
- Business Communication: Uses results-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence with correct grammar and punctuation. Superior written and oral communication skills
- Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare cost proposal
- Ability to sell concepts to management, peers and employees
- Ability to consistently produce profits
- Exceptional detail in follow up
- Ability to create special themes
- Ability to effectively deal with the internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and conflicts
- Ability to clearly and consistently communicate with the supervisor, including notification of pertinent information
- Strong customer service orientation and skills; Ability to understand Guest services needs
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and complete all work assigned
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful and unusual interruptions
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision and in a team environment with the employees acting as the team leader
- Ability to take and give directions
- Complete knowledge of the hotel and the competitive market
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Delphi
- Represent the hotel in a community and professional organizations as well as industry related events to maintain high visibility and promote sales
- Attend weekly sales and catering meeting, business review meetings and any other meeting need that arises.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.