Franchised Director of Front Office
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19108974
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Grand Bohemian Hotel Mountain Brook, Autograph Collection, 2655 Lane Park Road,, Birmingham, Alabama, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Director of Front Office is to support the Front Office by leading the team in executing guest service related responsibilities in order to create an exceptional experience for our guests. The incumbent is responsible for providing hospitable service involving all guest interactions, anticipating their needs, solving problems, and coaching and training staff to exceed our guests’ expectations. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Front Office in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the operations of the Front Office department, ensuring the implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising and directing the execution of service related tasks to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
- Foster Grand Performer commitment to providing intuitive service and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Grand Performers.
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Create and distributes work schedules adequate for operational needs.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
- Oversee budget process for the Front Office and control operating and labor expenses. Uses Peak Performance to optimize the guest service experience, while operating within labor budget/occupancy levels.
- Create the guestroom occupancy forecast, manage the departmental budget and participate in P&L meetings when requested.
- Take ownership and solve problems. Provide guidance and support, empowering subordinates to solve problems and resolve guest issues
- Conduct monthly meetings with subordinates to proactively solve problems, respond to questions and create a positive productive work environment
- Train, mentor, and develop Grand Performers to the standards of a world class property and intuitive service experience. Assist in developing leaders and bench strength through the implementation of the Job Coach program
- Conduct Grand Performer coaching and counseling, progressive discipline, 90 day reviews and Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
- Develop, acknowledge and track guest preferences
- Stay informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions and discounts, and understand the impact on other departments
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell rooms, amenities and products
- Review GSS scores, comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data; takes corrective action as appropriate
- All other duties as assigned, planned or unplanned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment.
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- General Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Property OPS team
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent – required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Experience with Opera – preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.