F&B Marketing & Events Services Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19098507
Job Category Event Management
Location Courtyard Phnom Penh, #115 St. 214 Corner St. 63, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Cambodia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This position is responsible for both event planning and the daily execution of all banquet functions including overall quality, set-up, cleanliness and service. Prepares event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments, and clients to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Monitors the daily performance of the banquet service staff.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 year experience in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Logistics and Operations (Planning)
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Verifies that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and confirming accuracy.
• Promptly greets client during the event phase, executes the event and/or hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details (as appropriate).
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Verifies billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with assigned group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and develop alternative solutions.
• Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
• Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
• Monitors guest deposits, room blocks, rooming list, cutoff dates, waitlist, overflow accommodations, and rooming requests (as applicable).
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Managing Banquet Services
• Monitors the daily execution of all banquet functions including overall quality, set-up, cleanliness and service.
• Identifies any maintenance issues and schedule appropriate repair or cleaning.
• Provides support to Banquet staff during the planning, set-up and service of each assigned function.
• Meets with clients prior to event to review all special requirements and expectations and provides introduction to the assigned Banquet contact.
• Coordinates with the culinary and stewarding teams to determine function timing, service equipment requirements and menu selections.
• Assists in creating or creates room diagrams for all events including food and beverage service.
• Inventories all equipment and supplies as directed by the Banquet Manager.
• Performs Banquet Management duties in the absence of a Banquet Manager.
Audio Visual Services
• Services all audio visual needs of events.
• Executes the administrative processes associated with event technology operations.
• Ensures equipment is recovered from events and properly secured.
Monitoring Processes and Procedures
• Assists Banquet Management in verifying that all policies and procedures are maintained and enforced.
• Schedules all banquet services employees according to established service guidelines.
• Inspects all banquet events to verify proper set-up according to layout plans and client expectations.
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.