Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19096124
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, One Marriott Drive, Perth, Western Australia, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, together with The Towers at Elizabeth Quay, an upscale residential development located beside the hotel, will sit atop exclusive retail space, fine-dining experiences, and waterfront access. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The hotel is set to open November 2019.
Responsible for all aspects and functions of the Event Management Department; focus on Groups and Corporate Events, coordinate/manage all details with client requests from Sales Phase to Post Event Phase, maintain high standards of service; deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the guests and employees. The position is responsible for meeting planner and employee satisfaction; and the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Event Services Operations
- Work closely with Meeting Planners and Hotel staff in providing accurate Primary & Secondary numeric for event planning.
- Work with Sales Team to ensure that bookings are in placed, and that all Sales Managers are maximizing space and revenue through daily Line-up and review of all tentative business.
- Work with Sales Team to ensure monthly banquet revenue forecast is complete and accurate.
- Have thorough understanding of hotel financials (Revenue, P&L, Pace); work closely with Sales Team to achieve goals.
- Keep abreast of competitive hotels, and maintain relationships with counterparts within competitive set, and with sister hotels in order to benchmark and share best practices.
- Achieve/exceed established individual/department goal.
- Understand room block management; keep close communication with Meeting Planners to ensure accurate forecast on group room nights.
- Lead by example and ensure own clients are 100% satisfied through embodiment of gold standards, adherence to “how work gets done” flow, and execution of hotel basics.
- Have thorough understanding of Quality goals and ensure entire Team is aware of present state and goal.
- Extend lateral service when needed.
- Have thorough understanding of Event Management processes (How Work Gets Done) to ensure seamless handling of all groups.
- Become familiar with any assigned sales file, review contract, and discuss profile on group with the appropriate sales meeting.
- Contact the client/meeting planner by phone to introduce and follow up with a letter.
- Customize selling approach to the client’s/meeting planner’s needs to maximize sales.
- Knowledge of food and beverage programs; ability to tailor them to fit client’s needs.
- Always ready to anticipate client and guest needs well in advance.
- Use only hotel-approved vendors.
- Acts as a liaison between client/meeting planner and hotel operations.
- Always maintain a professional image both in appearance/attire and conduct when dealing with the client meeting planner and hotel employees.
- Demonstrate appropriate timeliness in getting detailed Banquet Event Order to client/meeting planner and all respective departments.
- Make sure that all billing is correct and current prior to a group’s departure; no adjustments to the Master account.
- Work within each group’s budget when required.
- Provide a problem-free experience for our clients and to be known as the best company with which to do business.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Makes presence known to customer at all times.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Sets service goals for event service supervisors and employees in order to achieve Event Planner satisfaction goals.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals; critiques any variances.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to go through our selection process. We will require candidates to have unrestricted working rights for Western Australia.