Deputy Director of Finance
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19096029
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, Nation Tower, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Opened on the 15th of August 2013 and with an unparalleled address at the heart of the spectacular Abu Dhabi Corniche, The St. Regis Abu Dhabi provides easy access to everything that this incredible city has to offer. In the heart of the business and cultural districts the hotel is a short distance from the magnificent Abu Dhabi Mosque, the city's many shopping malls, golf courses, museums and major attractions, including the incredible Formula One Grand Prix circuit and Ferrari World on Yas Island. The hotel comprises 283 fabulously appointed guest rooms including 55 suites, most of which have incredible views of both the Arabian Gulf and the city of Abu Dhabi, the one of a kind Bridge suite between the two Nation Towers is quite simply breathtaking. Each room and suite are serviced by the celebrated St Regis Butlers who will provide ever-present yet unobtrusive attention to detail, while attending to each request with discreet precision.
Among the hotels vast array of amenities are outstanding food and beverage venues including our signature day to night restaurant, Terrace on The Corniche, with the finest flavors from the region and our warm Villa Toscana, true tastes of central Italy. The Nation Riviera Beach Club attached to the hotel and accessible via a tunnel under the Corniche offers guests a magnificent stretch of private beach and outstanding leisure facilities.
To manage the Accounting Department staff and activities ensuring that all routines and reporting procedures are completed accurately and on a timely basis. To review the final input into the general ledger from the various sources, to identify and reconcile the items affecting the balance sheet and to report on the financial results as required. Assist and support the Hotel Director of Finance in maintaining control over income expenses, assets and liabilities of the Hotel. To liaise closely with other Department heads to ensure financial information is received / or distributed on a timely basis.
- In conjunction with Director of Finance the incumbent will motivate staff and identifying appropriate training courses for staff and suggest ways to improve hotel operations.
Preparing and reviewing regularly the continuity/development Program for those accounting office staff members reporting directly to the Director of Finance.
Attend to the daily administration of the accounting office and identify and resolve problems in conjunction with respective members of staff.
To liaise with other Department Heads regarding their performance against budget and provide them with information and training as required.
Participate in the taking of all inventories and verification of extensions.
Reviewing and verifying accounts payable input and output, accounts receivable posting and billing.
Maintain cash control over receipts, house banks, bank account reconciliation and submitting required data to the Home Office.
Maintaining control over the accounting function, to include:
Preparation and review of information to be posted to subsidiary and General Ledgers.
Reconciliation of general Ledger account balances.
Analysis of operating ledger accounts’ balances.
Closing ledgers and preparation of month end reports.
Ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with accepted accounting principles and established St Regis policies and procedures.
Supervise and coordinate the month-end close to ensure timely compliance to reporting timetable.
Signing (Supervise) cheques and ensuring A/P has reviewed authority and coded correctly.
Control (including monthly reconciliation) of replacement reserve account.
Review of travel agency commission payments.
Ensure all inter-company accounts reconcile – both receivables and payable. Includes Management fees to SW.
Ensure all Balance Sheet subsidiary ledgers reconcile to general Ledger and review of journals posted by income Auditor.
Ensuring A/R maintains tight control over average age of debtors and if necessary instigating credit meetings.
Together with Director of Finance, monitor cash flow.
Producing forecasts and assisting in preparation of fiscal budgets and re-forecasts.
Coordinate and prepare the Three Month Outlook / Forecast.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets, re-forecasts and strategic plans.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts / projections.
- Preparing and/or reviewing daily, weekly and monthly reports in accordance with reporting calendars, ensuring that all reports for which the Deputy Director of Finance is responsible are submitted on a timely basis.
- Assisting Director of Finance in preparation of special analysis as may be requested by hotel Operations team members.
- To prepare management reports as required.
- Prepare any necessary project status summary and additions/disposals to owners’ fixed asset schedule reports.
- Assist with F & B quarterly reports.
- To assist in monitoring of operating department’s compliance to corporate and internal policies and procedures, and to implement new policies and procedures where necessary.
- To ensure that all corporate reporting requirements and code of ethics are adhered to.
- Ensuring correct taxes/ fees are being paid.
- Reviewing tenants and lessees leases and rent reports, maintaining both at current status and auditing their annual financial returns.
- Reviewing hotel management contract to ensure compliance.
- Knowledge of computer system contingency plans
- Deputize as the Director of Finance as and when required.