Jul 12, 2019Job Number
Sales and MarketingLocation
W Barcelona, Placa de la Rosa dels Vents 1, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain VIEW ON MAPBrand
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Descripción de la oferta
Reports to the Director of Groups and Director of Convention Services. The GSM will manage and convert business including contracting and the actual operating of the function in addition to managing the function diary inventory. Must demonstrate high energy levels & provide consistently high levels of customer service in accordance with W standards & programs.
Processes & Procedures:
- Conducts site inspections for prospect and tentative group bookings.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients and establishes a client base of meeting planners, organizations and corporate businesses through continues direct sales efforts.
- Responds promptly (within 24 hours) to guest requests, inquiries, and follows up to ensure utmost guest satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with GSOs, Convention Bureau, 3rd party intermediaries and other hotel counterparts to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase market share.
- Strive to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Close the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handle guest concerns and obstacles.
- Attend pre- convention meetings
- Promote the use MI Leads (cross-selling tool).
- Acquire full knowledgeable understanding of the new Marriott Loyalty program.
- Participate in trainings and other sales-related meetings as required.
-Monitors all contractual agreements pertaining to rooms, meeting space, beverage and food and special concessions.
- Coordinates all agreements stipulated in the group / event contract between operational departments
-Responsible for maximizing food and beverage revenues.
-Effectively communicate to all the hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the group’s needs while maintaining a good client relationship. Follow up on deposits due as well as rooming lists.
- Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines.
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- To participate in departmental and Marriott courses as required.
- Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department.
- Participate in annual Engagement survey.
- Must demonstrate an awareness of the importance of body language in communication and interaction with others.
- Take part in special projects as directed by the DOGS and DOS
The typical working schedule of the Group Sales Manager is from Monday to Friday from 09.00 AM to 18.00 PM but may be flexible depending on the business.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and in the segmented markets
- Proven luxury hotel sales experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English, French and Spanish.
- Good organizational skills: has the ability to prioritize tasks and to manage the workload by her/his own initiative
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel. Good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.