Franchised Director of Sales and Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19095824
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Houston Medical Center, 1709 Dryden, Houston, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME UNLESS YOU ARE BEST OF CLASS
This hotel company is a visionary and dynamic company that is well-known for achieving insurmountable success that break all barriers.
The Westin Houston Medical Center is a new hotel opening in December 2019. Only applicants with a strong and proven full-service large upscale hotel sales background as a Director of Sales & Marketing will set will be considered. Pre-opening experience and Marriott CI/TY certification is a plus!
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely guest oriented, highly disciplined.
- You have an uncanny ability to create strong leaders.
- You have a mentoring spirit and are highly accountable to everyone you work with.
- You have the drive and determination to help create an enduring great company.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
A Director of Sales is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the company culture within the sales, event management and revenue management departments. A Director of Sales must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Director of Sales is responsible for the successful operation and administration of the Sales department. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Director of Sales must drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. The Director of Sales must ensure maximization of profitability yielding the highest RevPar possible. The Director of Sales must ensure that our associates, co-workers and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
Responsibilities - (not limited to)
- Foster the company culture
- Passion and commitment to the business at an ownership level
- Oversee department sales managers to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
- Participate in community and industry organizations representing the hotel
- Manage guest and community relations
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as company standards and procedures
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Maximize revenue through yield management and ongoing sales calls
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Conduct company required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Train department managers to deliver the highest performance
- Timely execution of associate evaluations
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Develop and implement annual sales and revenue budget with ongoing monitoring of budget
- Must create annual Marketing Plan and ensure compliance of implementation
- Must be able to analyze monthly P&L for ongoing control of expenses and maximization of revenue
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
- Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Capitalize on utilizing brand promotions, marketing, sales programs and resources
- Direct coordination of cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other brand synergies
- Provide strategic direction of rate, date and space commitments for group room sales
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase hotel's share
- Forecasting strategy implementation
- Direct efforts to improve market penetration
- Oversee and maximize major distribution channels
- Responsible for identifying potential future sales managers as well as hiring, training and development
- Written and verbal communication skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.