Linen Room Attendant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19095743
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Westin Cape Town, Convention Square Lower Long Street, Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The successful incumbent is required to maintain the up keep of all guest rooms and corridors; perform the day-to-day operations of the soil/linen room, including soil room administration and to ensure that all public areas in the hotel are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Housekeeping in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Customer / staff focused
- Team orientation
- Attention to detail
- Operate, monitor and issuing of hotel linen and uniform for operation.
- Maintain accurate records of items laundered.
- Documenting stock, counting of arrival stock/linen and packing of stock/linen.
- Receive, segregate, count, and record number of items of soiled linen for laundry, and place soiled items in containers/laundry bags.
- Assist in preparing the linen room for linen stock take.
- Will be expected to perform the day to day operation of the soil/linen room as instructed by linen room manager
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional;
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information;
- Protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others;
- Support team to reach common goals;
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- You can also be scheduled to work in the Soil Room, Public Area and Housemen.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as and when requested.