Assistant Restaurant Manager (m/w/d)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081423
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection, Steinplatz 4, Berlin, Berlin, Germany VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Upholding luxurious amenities and exquisite architectural accents, Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection invites you to relish in the best of Berlin with our hotel's seamless blend of culture, history and lifestyle. At our boutique hotel, we pride ourselves on providing you with first-class service as soon as you arrive. Once you've checked in, settle into our luxurious rooms and suites overflowing with impeccable amenities such as high-speed Wi-Fi, mini bars, 24-hour room service, deluxe bedding and fascinating décor. Our hotel, although distinctive, seamlessly blends in a convenient area near the Berlin Zoo, Brandenburg Gate and Messe Berlin convention centre. When you're not venturing out to popular destinations, benefit from our hotel's modern amenities including a fitness center, an award-winning restaurant and bar, a rooftop spa with exceptional treatment packages and panoramic views of the Berlin skyline. Experience a stay unlike any other at Hotel am Steinplatz, Autograph Collection.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service Departments, where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
• Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
• Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Meets and greets guests.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.