Director of Hotel Technology (Vietnamese-speaking Candidates Preferred)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081386
Job Category Information Technology
Location JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi, My Dinh-Me Tri, Tu Liem District, Hanoi, Vietnam, Vietnam VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
In addition to the functions of a property systems manager, the Director of property Technology manages a revenue-generating function in a large property or multiple properties with a shared infrastructure. Works with property management and Regional IR leadership to participate in the acquisition of technology services for guests through an understanding of the properties specific business/customer base (i.e., convention). Provides strategic leadership for IR services surrounding initiatives and projects and coordinates with regional IR leadership on systems/services to enhance services in a specific property. May have direct reports (property systems manager, property systems technicians) or direct work of on-site shared services staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 5-7 years’ experience in like position.
• System-related professional certifications preferred.
• Previous management experience and demonstrated matrix management skills
• Experienced in network hardware, desktop, peripherals, protocols, communications, operating systems and Marriott internal applications (MARSHA, PMS, NGS, SFA, etc.)
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Projects and Policies
• Functions as on-site project manager who plans and manages both new systems and system upgrades for property site.
• Performs assessments of needs ensuring compliance with budget, standards.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of property projects on schedule and according to specification.
• Prepares project plans and monitors on-site.
• Coordinates multiple-vendor projects.
• Verifies compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
• Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Accountable to take action to address deficiencies. Determines solutions and implements per SOP.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Meeting Technology Needs
• Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technology/asset life-cycles. Verifies that necessary property is properly equipped in terms of PCs, hardware, servers, etc.
• Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s) performance problems.
• Certifies software applications for use at property.
• Creates and verifies implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans as they relate to technology.
• Verifies property’s technology assets are secure and maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Possesses advanced knowledge in the areas of data communications, desktop support, and servers/networks. Uses knowledge to solve 2nd level support issues and train/develop junior staff.
• Verifies availability of current documentation for cabling, network systems, and applications exist.
• Reviews networks’ performance and performs design/re-design as needed to meet property needs.
• Verifies that periodic inventories of applications and hardware are conducted.
Forecasting and Complying with Financial Parameters
• Analyzes, communicates and implements property strategy to drive technology revenue and contribute to property’s overall business success.
• Manages technology profit and loss. Responsible for monitoring and controlling all technology-impacted revenues and expenses generated by the property including, but not limited to: telecommunications, HSIA, business center technologies and A/V.
• Verifies that property management has realistically budgeted CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Advises and verifies that property management has adequately addressed technology needs in short- and long-term planning.
• Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for technologies/hardware.
Building Successful Relationships
• Communicates IR standards and best practices.
• Is expected to present proposals, analyses, projects, cost-models, etc. in a well- written and/or verbally articulate manner.
• Is viewed as a credible leader by subordinates, peers, and senior management.
• Provides exceptional customer service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• May have direct management responsibility for property-based system managers and technicians. Provides work direction to cluster--based systems technicians and managers.
• Responsible for hiring, training, development, compensation, performance management of direct reports. Additionally, provides performance feedback to Area System Manager on cluster support positions.