Food & Beverage Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081330
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Budapest Marriott Hotel, Apaczai Csere Janos Utca 4, Budapest, Hungary, Hungary VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing restaurant sales-related opportunities that is not handled by the Sales & Marketing department. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity through in-house as well as hot zone sales efforts. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provides service to customers in order to grow the business on behalf of the Budapest Marrıott Hotel.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Works collaboratively with the Sales & Marketing department to generate opportunities for new business.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include in house promotions, sales calls, entertainment and an active involvement in restaurant service during peak hours.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for restaurants and Bar sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Managing content on F&B social media channels (restaurant and bar specific pages) such as but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, TripAdvisor, etc. including strategy and execution with the PR and Marketing Team.
Conducting Daily Sales Activities that Achieve Department Goals
• Drive in-house capture ratio by working closely with the Marketing Communications department to establish promotions.
• Actively be around in hotel public areas to engage with guests and generate additional business.
• Develop, plan and execute all Food & Beverage promotions with the operations and communications departments for both internal and external communications related promotions.
• Be an ambassador @ M Club and Brunch communicate and support the sales team by driving sales and obtaining feedback on the program.
• Explores opportunities of hosting social events such as birthday parties, secretary parties and networking events in order to maximize revenue.
• Works with the Marketing Communication department on restaurant related promotional activities for the hot zone near the hotel.
• Works closely with Local Event Management’s client in order to capture more local restaurants business and utilize previous business as the database to build future opportunities.
• Partner with Sales & Marketing account managers to visit potential accounts to drive restaurant business.
• Attend social functions in order to meet new business opportunities.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to create additional restaurant business.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked.
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new restaurant business opportunities to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Understands and creates awareness of promotional activities of competition.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize restaurant revenue .
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service to all Guests and Customers
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their visit.
• Supports Marriott’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services customers in order to grow restaurant business.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the brand.
• During peak hours helps to execute service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return)
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
Other restaurant sales related responsibilities
• Work with the hostess team to control and monitor restaurant reservation system and maintain restaurant database.
• To possess a thorough knowledge of all F&B menus, promotions and communicational activities.
arriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.