Franchised Assistant Restaurant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081261
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place Hotel, 1 Monarch Pl, Springfield, Massachusetts, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Picknelly Family. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Areas of responsibility include Restaurants/Bars, Room Service and Concierge/Club Lounge. Supervises daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers, bartenders and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction. Maximizes the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan with follow-up and accountability for results.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major preferred; 3+ years experience supervisory experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Collaborates with Sales and F&B leadership to market the F&B offerings to guests and the public.
- Responsible for Lobby Ambassador and MOD (Manager on Duty) shifts as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned through the direction of the Director of Food and Beverage and General Manager.
- Leading Food and Beverage Team
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision-making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees; prepares weekly schedules and adjusts staffing as business needs dictate for guest service and satisfaction within budget guidelines.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards. Must be/become ServSafe Certified.
- Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws and monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with laws. Must be/become TIPS Certified.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team. Collaborates with Culinary Leadership and Team to ensure F&B Department success.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Follows Marriott Brand Standards. Ensures compliance in all areas of Brand Standards and Operations Standards.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention. Achieves above at/above benchmark in all areas of GSS (Guest Satisfaction Survey) scores on a consistent basis.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service and service recovery when needed.
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service, steps of service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Properly handles guest problems and complaints; providing service recovery as needed.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Consistently and regularly holds Stand Up and Departmental Meetings; Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., warm greeting, speed/efficiency of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Manages human resources well. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance. Completes performance coaching and reviews in a timely and proactive manner.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution to resolve problems.
- Assists service staff on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations; Ensures Marriott standards are upheld.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.