Franchised Guest Experience Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081254
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, 525 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, Oregon, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - Minoosh.Koyaanisqatsi@theNines.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Guest Experience Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Front Desk and acts as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments. Ensures an efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service. Ensures front desk agents are completed in accordance to established policies and procedures. Assists in the training and hiring of Front Desk Agents.
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isnt upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesnt show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Relates well to all kinds of people up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Building Effective Teams
- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Requires working knowledge of guest services and hotel services, policies or operations.
- Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude; know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
- Must have vision ability to read written forms of communication and monochrome computer screen.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to review correspondence, initiate reports, conduct training, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years previous experience as a front desk supervisor or minimum of four years front office experience in hotel work.
- Standard office equipment including but not limited to: telephone, copy machine, cash register, calculator, PC, fax machine, and PBX machine.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.