Franchised Event Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081251
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Cleveland Downtown, 777 Saint Clair Ave NE, Cleveland, Ohio, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Sage Hospitality is seeking a savvy organized professional Event Manager to join our Sales team at The Westin Cleveland Downtown. We look for independent thinkers with their own entrepreneurial spirit. Were not asking you to fit the mold; were hoping that you break it.
- Risk takers and creative spirits with a penchant for numbers are welcome. We are a results-driven company creating places that are more than just heads in beds, so were looking for more than just a person behind a desk.
- Achieving personal and professional growth is one of our values at Sage Hospitality. We believe its not just about the work you do, but its about who you are. We give back to the community, look challenges dead in the eye. We manage and lead and we leave our environments better than we found them.
- The Event Manager ensures the success of events and convention groups by serving as the liaison between the hotel operating departments and the client. Through efficient management of the conference requirements, participates in capturing revenue through sales of food, beverage, room rental and auxiliary services; while ensuring labor savings measures are followed. Coordinates and communicates all aspects of the conference planning, menu selling and all other detail aspects.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isnt upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help; is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pain of others.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Relates well to all kinds of people â€“ up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Requires a working knowledge of banquet/catering food and beverage services, policies or operations.
- Requires compiling facts and figures in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate to clients, guests and across all departments.
- Excellent hearing necessary for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent speech communication skills required for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
- Excellent literacy necessary to read BEOs, process gratuities and payroll, etc.
- More than two years of post high school education.
- One to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
- Material/Equipment Used
- Basic office equipment and materials
This company is an equal opportunity employer.