Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081250
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location W Singapore - Sentosa Cove, Lot 1412N Muklim 32, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in procurement, purchasing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in procurement, purchasing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
• Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
• Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for obtaining necessary quotations.
• Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
• Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
• Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
• Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
• Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
• Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program.
Managing Procurement Activities
• Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
• Places orders and expedites deliveries
• Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
• Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
• Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
• Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
• Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.