Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081245
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Westin Austin at The Domain, 11301 Domain Drive, Austin, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at http://tinyurl.com/y5l57eja
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The hotels sales team is primarily responsible for securing group and volume business into the property. As a vital function of the hotel, White Lodging Sales Managers ensure that the hotel meets its financial goals. To build a successful career in this field, you should embrace the sales call process, be driven, confident, and focused on building great relationships. The Sales Manager position within White Lodging properties are designed specifically for those passionate individuals who aspire to grow and develop a career in hospitality sales.
- Solicit, confirm and coordinate Special Corporate and Group sales. Handle customer inquiries and leads requests for groups (e.g., Selected Service/Extended Stay, 10-99 peak room nights based upon property). Respond in a timely manner to incoming group/catering opportunities that are within predefined Group Sales parameters. Work with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Important Daily/weekly tasks include but are not limited to:
- Proactive Sales Seek out new business that would otherwise not utilize the hotel if not for your direct efforts.
- Action Plans/Problem solving- Working with management & sales team to identify issues of revenue generation then execute strategy over a specific period of time.
- Relationship building- Developing an association or connection with potential clients in order to secure long term business.
- Accountability- Communicating actions & recording activities in order to measure efforts, implement successful strategies, and reward accomplishments.
- Analysis Skills
- Strategic skills
- Conceptual ability
- Like ability
- Team player, etc.
- Ambition and Drive
- Communication Skills
- Converting Strategy to Tactics
- Develop Talent
- Emotional Composure
- Generate Revenue
- Influencing others
- Inspire followership
- Problem Solving
- Select and Recruit Talent, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
- 1 year experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on specific location and business needs.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.