Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19081194
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Moxy Milan Malpensa Airport, Milan Malpensa Airport, Milan, Varese, Italy VIEW ON MAP
Brand Moxy Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Belvar. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
MOXY Milan Malpensa Airport is now searching for an energetic and ambitious General Manager, called the Captain.
As Captain you have an eye for details and you know what is expected of you to give the guest a MOXY EXPERIENCE. You are proactive, kind and helpful and you are a visible leader for the team.
As a MOXY Captain you have a deep connection to the target guest and the brand core values “ thoughtful, fun and spirited. You understand and resonate with what MOXY is all about, and focus your energy on bringing the MOXY experience to life for every guest and every Crew Member.
The Captain is responsible for setting up an environment where guests can serve themselves “ because they believe self-service is the best service “ in a thoughtful, intuitive manner. The responsibility includes everything from check-in and greeting, to the atmosphere in the lobby, the beverages served at the bar, the service delivery from crew members, the efficiency of check-out, and every step and interaction in between. The Captain is responsible for the heartbeat of the hotel.
You build and retain relationships in the community and bring exciting events to the hotel. You construct a property atmosphere so that guests feel like they are seamlessly moving through the hotel, rather than just checking in and out. The Captain drives revenue for the business and is constantly focusing on making the operation profitable. You use your passion for the brand, your personality, and your ability to draw a crowd of loyal followers to create unique guest experiences in a vibrant environment.
The Captain is up and on the feet for most of the day, mingling and creating a buzzing atmosphere in the hotel, while maintaining a smooth operation behind the scenes to ensure the business is in order. Oh, and guess what? All of the Captain drive and know-how, ultimately produces a hotel that is as profitable as it is fun “ because that is what MOXY is all about.
- Recruit and train the crew, as well as having the right tools needed to give the MOXY Experience.
- Make sure that the guest experience reaches the MOXY experience and is accurate to the MOXY Service Manual.
- Ensure social media is updated daily and follows MOXY's creative standards.
- Ensure a profitable hotel operation according to defined goals and ambitions.
- Make sure that the hotel follows local law and regulation in every procedure.
- Be active and involved in the daily work of the crew.
- Close cooperation with the sales and revenue team, to make sure business is coming in at the right price.
- Be updated on the hotels forecast and be proactive in order to plan future operational actions."
- Minimum 4 years of hotel managerial experience
- Strong communication skills
- Marketing experience
- Social media knowledge and experience
- Experience with hotel openings
- Event organisation
- Experience working abroad is a plus"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.