Franchised Front Desk Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075740
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
- Free Employee Meals!
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge “ promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
****This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening date****
Purpose / Objective
- The Kessler Collection mission, Inspiring Places, Intuitive Service, Exuberant Guests, is the foundation that establishes the company culture, drives business strategies and influences our Grand Performers to provide exceptional service to our guests. The overall objective and purpose of the Front Desk Supervisor is to support our mission by leading the team in executing front desk related responsibilities to the Kessler Collection standards. This includes relentlessly inspiring, coaching and training staff to exceed our guests expectations.
Supervisory responsibilities for the below mentioned position(s)/department(s) include interviewing, hiring, training, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; mentoring, rewarding and conducting corrective action(s), addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Front Desk Agents
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
- Supervise Front Office Grand Performers, ensuring the execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising the execution of service related tasks to assist in the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
- Foster Grand Performer commitment to providing intuitive service and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Grand Performers.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain the integrity of our guests privacy, including confidentiality of personal information, as well as key control
- Understand and follow all laws and regulations
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
- Take ownership and solve problems. Provide guidance and support, empowering subordinates to solve problems and resolve guest issues
- Ability to perform all Front Office related tasks
- Train, mentor, and develop Grand Performers to the standards of a world class property and intuitive service experience. Assist in developing leaders and bench strength through the implementation of the Job Coach program
- Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
- Develop, acknowledge and track guest preferences
- Stay informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions and discounts, and understand the impact on other departments
- Conduct interviews and give feedback on candidates.
- Provide on-going recognition as per the Grand Performances program
- Conduct effective daily stand- up meetings
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell rooms, amenities and products
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Have a valid driver license and good driving record (for properties that provide valet service)
- Attend required training and meetings.
- Review GSS scores, comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data.
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree - required
- Minimum 1-year certified Front Desk Agent Job Coach or related industry experience “ required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
- Experience with Opera PMS “ preferred
- Student or graduate of hotel management school “ preferred"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.