Franchised Food and Beverage Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075731
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
- Discounted Employee Menu “ as low as $2/meal
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah “ growth opportunities are unlimited!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge “ promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- Discounted Bus Passes
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year “ start accruing right away!
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day to day operations of the outlets service staff ensuring that the total guest experience is second to none.
- Monitor customer satisfaction through review of standardized feedback forms, as well as by spending time with the guests and ensuring their needs are being met and expectations exceeded.
- Participate in and submit accurate beverage and retail inventories on monthly basis per direction of hotel controller and Director of Food and Beverage.
- Participate in and submit accurate china glass and silverware inventory on quarterly basis per direction of hotel controller and Director of Food and Beverage.
- Assist in monitoring of revenue and expense forecasting in KHMS for responsible areas including all areas of the Food and Beverage operations.
- Supervises daily restaurant operations, maintains sanitation standards and assists service staff on the floor during peak meal periods.
- Strives to continually improve guest and Grand Performers satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Interviews, schedules, trains, develops, empowers, coaches and counsels, resolves problems, provides open communication, and recommends discipline when appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Estimates beverage consumption and purchases or requisitions beverage ingredients and supplies
- Create and implement promotional plans to drive business to Beverage Department; host local events to create charity and local business opportunities
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Executive Chef
- Front Office Manager
Assistant F&B Outlet Managers
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- "Bachelor degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- Minimum of 5 experience in Front of House, fine dining Food & Beverage operations - required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title “ required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets “ required
- Manager food safety certification and TIPS training certification - preferred or attained within 30 days"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.