Franchised Banquet Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075717
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
- Free Employee Meals
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah “ growth opportunities are unlimited!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge “ promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- Discounted Bus Passes
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year “ start accruing right away!
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day to day operations of the Banquets outlets staff ensuring that the total guest experience is second to none.
- Creates and edits work schedules and evaluates work performance of GPs while keeping with the assigned Labor Standards.
- Responsible for the care of banquet spaces and equipment.
- Makes certain corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend discipline when appropriate.
- Inspects dining tables and work areas for cleanliness.
- Requisitions supplies such as glassware, china, and silverware.
- Oversees the set-up and take down of banquet events.
- Requisitions table linen, china, glassware, and silverware.
- Point of contact for all groups.
- Liaise with the Event Service Manager, Banquet Chef, and Banquet Captain on all events.
- Consults with Food and Beverage Director Manager or Executive Chef on such items as serving arrangements and additional GPS and equipment needed.
- Assigns duties, work stations, and responsibilities to personnel and directs their performance.
- Produce weekly schedules and monitors payroll system for accuracy.
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Banquet Captain
- Standards & Culture
- Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
- Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
- Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Banquet Chef
- Event Services Manager
- High School diploma - required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title “ required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets “ preferred
- Manager food safety certification and TIPS training certification - preferred or attained within 30 days"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.