Franchised Assistant Front Office Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075709
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
- Free Employee Meals
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah “ growth opportunities are unlimited!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge “ promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- Discounted Bus Passes
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year “ start accruing right away!
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the operations of the Front Office department, ensuring the implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising and directing the execution of service related tasks to ensure the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
- Foster Grand Performer commitment to providing intuitive service and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with Guests and Grand Performers.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain the integrity of our guests™ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information, as well as key control
- Understand and follow laws and regulations
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
- Take ownership and solve problems. Provide guidance and support, empowering subordinates to solve problems and resolve guest issues
- Perform all Front Office related tasks to Company standards
- Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
- Conduct effective daily stand- up meetings
- Provide ongoing recognition per the Company recognition program
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Work closely with Front Office Manager, direct reports and other departmental managers to identify and resolve operational issues
- Have a valid driver license and good driving record (for properties that provide valet service)
- Attend required training and meetings.
- Review GSS scores, comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Front Office Manager
- Property OPS team
- Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree “ required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title “ required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets “ required
- Experience with Opera “ preferred"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.