Franchised Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075695
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are completed daily
- Follow labor guidelines and ensure that front of the house labor costs are within budgeted guidelines
- Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
- Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results.
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending discipline when appropriate.
- Assists with work schedules and evaluating work performance of employees.
- Ensures staff adheres to local, state and Federal liquor laws.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on coaching.
- Assists in maintaining service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Supervises daily shift operations
- Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
- Complete weekly schedules per Peak Performance standards
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- F&B Supervisors
- Standards & Culture
- Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
- Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
- Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Food and Beverage Outlet Manager
- Culinary Leadership
- Property Ops team
- Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office."
- Bachelor™s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title “ required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets “ required
- Manager food safety certification and TIPS training certification - preferred or attained within 30 days"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.