Franchised Assistant Controller
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075693
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Free Employee Meals
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah “ growth opportunities are unlimited!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge “ promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- Discounted Bus Passes
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year “ start accruing right away!
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Maintain the integrity of the guests™ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment , property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Assists Controller with projects as needed
- Assist Controller in preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification
- Works with the executive team to develop and maintain an accurate financial forecast
- Assist Controller to provide management with timely reviews of organization financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
- Partners with and advises the Controller and other leaders on existing and evolving operating/financial issues
- Analyzes financial data and market trends
- Assist Controller ensures appropriate corrective actions are made based on internal/external audit results
- Monitor, supervise and prepare month-end account reconciliation and analysis
- Reviews payroll records to ensure accuracy and proper coding in line with budgeted labor
- Assist Controller oversee the Labor Productivity program to prevent unnecessary use of labor
- Ensure systems in place by the Controller are executed and appropriate controls are continuously in place to manage business risks
- Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures
- Assist Controller oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes
- Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear, persuasive, and professional manner that drives desired behaviors
- Assist Controller in providing Department Heads and Managers/Supervisors training on the various financial systems
- Assist Controller in the facilitation of financial and labor critique meetings with the management team
- Assists other departments with unresolved guest billing issues and issues involving cash, credit cards, invoices, etc.
- Spot checks inventory counts to ensure accuracy of inventory extension
- Research inventory discrepancies when costs deviate from budget and trends
- All other duties planned assigned, planned or un-planned
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Property Accounting Staff
- Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
- Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
- Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality"
- Bachelor degree in business or related experience and/or training; or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title “ required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets “ required"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.