Franchised Staff Accountant
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075689
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannahs historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, its actively encouraged. Were seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
- As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
- Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
- Free Employee Meals!
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year start accruing right away!
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
- This position is expected to start 1 months prior to opening date
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Staff Accountant position is to provide support to the Accounting Department for various construction projects. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining general ledger, bank reconciliations, and accounts payable. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
- Essential Functions / Tasks
- Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Assists in preparation of monthly loan draw schedules and supporting documentation to provide to lenders.
- Responds to lender questions and comments regarding reporting issues.
- Compiles detail cost reports for both internal and external parties.
- Reviews construction payment applications, lien waivers, insurance and bond requirements for compliance.
- Prepares monthly summary reports as needed.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and processes for payment.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets.
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, communicates challenges with managers as needed, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure constituents are satisfied
- Solve problems proficiently
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment , property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Knowledge of Accounting software, Contact Management systems; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to utilize and input information from various software systems.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions including job cost.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance / Accounting OR equivalent years of experience and education - required
- Minimum two years related experience in similar title and level - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets preferred
- Experience with construction accounting required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.